Pokemon: VGC Premier Challenge (Spring Series)
504 N. Alafaya Trail
Suite # 115, Orlando FL
Start Time: 1:00PM
2 packs per player will be entered into the prize pool, per division.
Players must fill out a team sheet and turn it in before the end of registration to avoid a round 1 loss (Team Sheets will be available onsite). Players will have their Battle Team locked electronically via Live Competition.
This Tournament will be played using the 2020 Video Game Championships Ruleset over wireless communication. A LAN setup will be available for select matches for Live Stream.
Each player will need their own Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite, a physical or digital version of Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield, and a Nintendo Switch Online account (PAID) to compete. Players are responsible to make sure that their system is charged for the duration of the tournament, and has the most updated firmware and game patches. Players are permitted to bring their own Wired controller for use in the event. A wired controlled must be an officially licensed by Nintendo, and must be compatible with the Nintendo Switch.
*****Players may be unable to play in a tournament if Parental Controls prevent their system from performing actions that are necessary for tournament play. Please Disable Parental Controls before the Tournament Begins*****
*****An active Nintendo Switch Online membership (PAID) is REQUIRED for participation in Video Game Championship Series events for the purposes of performing online team checks.*****
Tournament will use Battle Stadium Doubles rules Series 3, which are as follows:
1. Pokémon will need to have the Galar symbol, showing they were caught in the Galar region.
2. All Pokémon will be set to Lv. 50, including Pokémon below Lv. 50.
3. Duplicate Pokémon and Duplicate Held Items will not be allowed.
4. All Pokémon from the Galar Regional Pokédex #001 – #397, and Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Squrtile, Wartortle, Blastoise, Rowlet, Dartrix, Decidueye, Litten, Torracat, Inciniroar, Popplio, Brionne, Primarina and Galarian Slowpoke will be permitted. Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus will not be allowed.
5. Pokemon will be allowed to Dynamax. ONLY the following Pokemon with the “Gigantimax Factor” will be permitted, all OTHER Pokemon with the Gigantimax Factor are not permitted –
All battles will be played using the Double Battles format. Each battle will begin with a 90-second Team Preview phase which players will choose 4 of their 6 Pokemon to Battle with. Players will then have 7 minutes of Your Time, 45 seconds of Move Time, and 15 minutes of Game Time in each battle. Each match will be best two of three games. Swiss style pairings for the tournament will be used, meaning you play for the whole tournament. The number of rounds will be determined by the number participants. At the end of swiss rounds, top players will play single elimination until only one player remains. Prizing will be determined by number of players and age division (Store Credit, TCG Packs, etc) in addition to Championship Points.
Further information on the 2020 Video Game Championship Series – https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/2020-pokemon-video-game-championships-vgc-format-rules/